1. Discuss what you thought about creating the Value Scale and Color Wheel.
Having taken multiple drawing classes, I am very familiar with the drawing scale. However, recreating the Value Scale out of the context of a drawing was intriguing to meditate on. It was soothing to remember that on my paper sat most of the basic tones to compile a well-developed drawing.
In addition, I often paint in my free time. Most recently I have been thinking of color in terms of skin tone—seeing how I have been doing a lot of portraits. It was freeing to step back and observe the basic bones of a painting on my palette as well.
2. Which media did you enjoy working with the best and why?
I enjoy working with paints more. One, there were no measurements needed. Two, I predominately work with paints so it placed me back into my paint flow.
3. What was the most important discovery in the creation of these studies?
The most important discovery is that these are the basic bones for the framework of many masterpieces.
4. What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos for this project? What is your opinion of the videos?
The most important piece of information is that most standardized art education programs in schools teach the color wheel incorrectly. In addition, many paint companies sell the wrong basic paint colors. It was refreshing to see the proper methods taught in the videos.

Comments
Post a Comment