Logo Design

1.       







     Discuss what you thought about creating your logo.

          I thought it was a challenge to capture my message using simplistic symbols. I used my social media name as a sort of extension of some of my artwork and self. I am fond of religion and spirituality not in terms of their practices, but moreso in their effective use of symbols and iconography throughout the ages. While my message is broad it was interesting to try to narrow it down into an effective logo to represent my thoughts.
2.       
     Describe the process: creative thinking skills and ideas you used in the logo creation.
     First, you must think about the identity you wish to portray. In my case, it was my social media platform name, GodfourBid. Then, you must tie in symbols to fit your central theme. Next, I thought about font and meanings behind fonts. I went with more of a light frilly font so my message would not appear to be dark because that it’s the message I am trying to portreay. Lastly, I had to lay out the items in a manner which relates everything together and add color to fit my message,

3.      
      What was the most important discovery you made in the creation of your logo?
My most important discovery was the power of simplicity and relationship of lines and symbols.

4.        What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos, PowerPoint, and reading material for this project? What is your opinion of the videos?

     The most important information I learned was the idea of importance, rather making your idea/message concise and clear. The PowerPoint was loaded with wonderful historical insight and background into human recognition of symbols. The slightest variations of symbols, colors, and lines in a logo or symbol can entirely alter its message and impact. The reading also taught me that effortless simplicity is desirable in design.


     The videos showed me how delicate and strategic design planning can be. Design and logo making can entirely transform a product or company and the work must be seamless or else the design aesthetics could be damaging to a company. Design processes can be month or even year long processes to execute the proper effectiveness desired. Relationships between elements in a logo can also have major impacts subconsciously. Weight is an additional component when designing. Different weights create different feelings and send different messages. 

Comments

  1. I love the detail you put into your logo and how you incorporated your social media name!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment