1. How was the process of creating the GMail account and setting
up the Blog?
The process was rather simple
for me to create and set up. I have a personal gmail and I have created blogs
and pages on other sites with similar layouts in the past.
2. What do you expect to learn in this course?
I expect to learn how to descriptively and interpretively analyze art.
After reading the first chapter of Living With Art, I can already see my
knowledge base of artists is increasing. I am really enjoying the text and I
believe even the act of reading this much will turn the gears of my mind towards
a focus on the visual media and a society are confronted with daily.
3. How do you feel about taking an online course?
I am very thankful for taking an online class because it cuts down my
hours spent on campus as a commuter student. However, I am nervous because I
have never taken one. I am generally a prepared and active student, but I feel
worried about my engagement using an online platform. I am also fearful I will
not see a post or task posting and will miss an assignment that I typically
would be aware of in a lecture setting.
4. What three things in the Growth Mindset (from Step 3) videos do
you believe most apply to you?
One,
that one must make sacrifices and remain determined to succeed. Most students
live in a somewhat unstable and chaotic environment in college, which means
balancing life and studies. I personally struggle with commuting, finances, mental
illness, and living a thousand miles away from family. At times, coursework can
be overwhelming when one’s personal life interferes. However, by focusing on
the course content and reminding myself of my passion for education and art I
can submerge myself into the work and flourish.
Two,
that time management is critical. My personal life is very busy in addition to
my academic life, but with scheduling stress can be reduced.
Three,
to go beyond your average abilities to excel. Often it is easy to fall into the
trap of applying the bare minimum, but to truly grow as a person and student
one must challenge themselves, ask questions, and actively employ their mind to
the material at hand.
Comments
Post a Comment