The blogs I selected to review were,
TravArt’s blog—(above my name)
In addition,
Riley Thomas’s blog--
Lindsey Kotas blog--
1. When looking at Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?
-Response to TrevArt’s:
All of the photos fit very well into each particular element and gave an overall perspective of his personal life too which I admired. Most of the photos were selected specifically for the element and lined up nicely. There were a couple I could see being used for more than one element though.
-Response to Riley’s:
The entire slideshow was cohesive and thematic which was very enjoyable. It was nice to see all of the design elements and principles portrayed through nature, which I thought was very creative. In nearly every photo I could spot multiple categories in which the photos could have fallen into. I think it was wise to use nature photos because nature itself has so many elements which we pull from in design.
-Response to Lindsey’s:
The images were filled with life, color, and creativity. The entire collection flowed seamlessly and I felt as if I was being led throughout the city. Each element was apparent and while some seemed as if they could be used for multiple elements most seemed specific which made the slideshow more enjoyable.
2. When looking at Project #2: Were there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Were the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?
Considering I went to an entirely different museum than most, it was refreshing to see all new imagery.
-Response to TrevArt’s:
All of the images you selected are very powerful. Each image really did carry a life of its own whether it be in contrast, focus, contrast, or detail. I also enjoyed that you chose a lot on nonrepresentational pieces. However, I do wish I could have seen more of the reasoning behind why you selected each piece.
-Response to Lindsey’s:
I really enjoyed seeing your personality and personal life reflected back into your "whys" of your imagery selected. I chose to use a different gallery for my project so it was exciting to see your chosen imagery. There are famous works from your images I have studied in art history and recall the historical context which allowed me to deepen my connection.
3. Were there any images that your Peers selected that peaked your interest? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?
Yes, Lindsey’s response and personal connection to Ben Nicholson’s, White Relief, (1937-38),
Painted wood, really peaked my interest because of how drab and boring the piece appeared to me. It felt like scrap wood that was framed and hung on the wall, so in turn, I want to know more about why the artist created this piece and what value it holds.
5. What do you think about the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?
I absolutely found it to be valuable. When working intensely on a visual project it often gets completed with little reflection afterwards. Visually I find it difficult to distance myself and it was helpful to think more about the overall appearance of a project. Additionally, it is helpful to compare work to gauge the quality of your work and the directions you could take yours.
6. Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?
The comments allowed me to separate myself from my work and place myself into their perspective. Afterwards, I could then see how the images were not all necessarily traditional in my 1st project, but I did not view it as a negative, rather that design is unique and can be observed from different perspectives.
Comments
Post a Comment