Illustrator Logo Design


Sydney Winkel
AED 398
Instructor Jamie Tabone

September 24, 2018



1. Describe the process: creative thinking skills and ideas you used in the logo creation.
My idea and design was text heavy, so I wanted to find a creative way for it not to be too distracting. I also wanted the logo to look more organic and less crisp which was challenging using a digital format.

I often create/ parody religious iconographic art using my own modern twists and wanted to create a sort of mystical and modern logo of my artist branding. The elements of the all seeing eye, moon, apple, and crown found within the text of my logo are all characteristic symbols within my own iconographical art. 
2. What was the most important discovery you made in the creation of your logo?
I discovered the variety of ways to create a letter and the difficulty of creating your own font using the brush tool. I also discovered a multitude of variations in brushstrokes along the way. 
3. Describe the tools and how you used them in Adobe Illustrator to create your logo.
I used the brush tool, added color, and arrange tool (to move backwards) when creating the free form pink splotch in the background of my logo. I used the brush tool to create my letters, but manipulated the lines using the curvature tool too. I also brought in a photo of an eye for reference and used the brush tool to create a similar illustrative style of eye. 
4. What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos, powerpoint, and reading material  for this project? 

One of the most important lessons I learned from the videos and struggled with myself while working was to over-simplify so that it is easy to look at, but still grabs attention. 

Comments