Oxymoron: Bird Dog

Sydney Winkel
AED 398
Instructor Jamie Tabone

September 6, 2018

Bird Dog Oxymoron 

       The main bird dog, located in the center of my image, was created using an image of a hoopoe bird and placing an image of my dog's head on top. To achieve realism, I carefully selected the areas of the head and bandana and adjusted the scale when placing the head onto the bird. The beak of the bird was extending beyond the head of the dog, so I simply used the clone stamp tool to cover it up using the background color. After, I adjusted the brightness and saturation levels so that the coloring would match more closely to the bird. Next, I added an image of a smaller hoopoe bird in a different flying position. The scale was adjusted using the transform tool. Additionally, the saturation and brightness were modified to blend into the lighting of the original background image. The head of a wiener dog was selected, adjusted in scale and position, and saturation was toned down to match the smaller bird. Lastly, The layers were duplicated and flipped horizontally to be placed on opposite sides to make the image appear full of bird dogs. 


Comments