Two Face


Sydney Winkel
AED 398
Instructor Jamie Tabone
September 6, 2018

For my “Two Face” project, I first explored filters in the filter gallery to alter one half of my selected face dramatically. I also discovered how vital the selection tool is when working with specific areas. I used the watercolor feature because it created a soft, but dramatic pointillism effect while still keeping my features recognizable. I also added another filter effect afterwards, but this time I went into Image and then adjustments to find a posterize effect along with many other interesting tools. Additionally, I used selective color in image adjustments and increased the cyan and magenta levels to make my skin tone look lavender. I found another photo filter feature under image adjustments and added a sepia tone to allow the photo to keep some of its earth tones. I played around with the paintbrush tool to alter the texture and contrast of the flowers on my blouse. Then, I created a new layer and altered the color of my dress completely and adjusted the opacity so the coloring would not be entirely solid and blend more naturally. I used the magnetic lasso to select my regular right eye and transformed it using the perspective option to stretch it to become slightly larger. I experimented with another transform tool labeled distort to also stretch my smile to extend further outward. I opened a separate, but similar image of myself with my eye slightly more open to use as a third eye in my Two Face project. The eye was selected and dragged into the Two Face document. The third eye was modified in color by using the paintbrush tool and in size using the transform tool to enlarge it.


Comments