Sydney Winkel
For each video, what was discussed that you think will be the most helpful in creating your Digital Portfolio?
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/make-it-with-creative-cloud/creating-a-portfolio-for-print-pdf-and-the-ipad/ approx. 11 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDLl83wpTXY
I was unable to get this particular video to load but I did watch a tutorial on how to set up and easily arrange your portfolio with consistency by first establishing a master page with your general background, lines, and areas for headings and subheadings to unify and easily plug in specific information later.
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/make-it-with-creative-cloud/adding-your-work-to-an-indesign-portfolio/ approx. 16 minutes
In the adding work to your portfolio, the InDesign expert uses grid frames and places and organizes them BEFORE importing his images, so the images will fall into place and photos will not need to be resized. He also organizes his photos before beginning, which would have been helpful had I done that as well.
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/make-it-with-creative-cloud/publishing-print-and-interactive-pdf-portfolio/ approx. 18 minutes
By going to Window -- Interactive ---Button You can place images to use as hyperlinks to pages in the table of contents of your portfolio which makes it more interactive and easier to navigate.
What challenges did you encounter while creating your portfolio and how did you overcome them?
My biggest challenges were sizing photos and I overcame this by resizing them before importing them so that I did not have to tweak with the resizing frames on InDesign. Also, I just struggled my way through it until it worked out.
What do you think of your finished portfolio?
I think my portfolio is effective but could be crisper and highlight more of my work with students. I also would like it to represent my personality more.
I think my portfolio is effective but could be crisper and highlight more of my work with students. I also would like it to represent my personality more.
Comments
Post a Comment