Reflection of Portfolios


Sydney Winkel



What do you think about the process of creating your portfolio (s)?
Honestly, I felt self-critical, but it was interesting to try to narrow down my overall educational and professional experiences into a clear and professional way, while still expressing my individuality. 

What do you feel about the tools - comparing InDesign to Website (Wix or Wordpress)?
Weebly was extremely helpful for organizing my website, but still challenging to create the exact layout I wanted and my photos lost a lot of quality when importing them. 

InDesign allowed my portfolio to look crisp, concise, readable, and quality. However, I found it limiting to easily arrange my images and maintain an overall theme. 

What were your biggest challenges and how did you overcome them?
My biggest challenges were sizing photos and I overcame this by resizing them before importing them so that I did not have to tweak with the resizing frames on InDesign. Also, I just struggled my way through it until it worked out. 

What was your favorite aspect of creating the portfolios?
Arranging my artwork in a readable and effective way and choosing which pages to highlight specific skills.

Do you think your portfolio is successful? Why or why not?
I do think my portfolio is successful, but could be crisper and highlight more of my work with students. 

How do you think your portfolio will change as you approach graduation and the job application process?
I want to increase and highlight more of my experiences with students including more images of students working and student work. 

Comments